Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Prayer

Watching the news coverage of the tragic explosions at the Boston marathon yesterday, I'm overwhelmed and saddened by the impact of it all. So many people injured...and an 8-year-old boy killed by the explosions? I could begin to cry right now while I'm writing this.

I'm praying for the families involved in this infamous time. It's one of the biggest things anyone can do. God is listening, so I'm talking.

Corrie ten Boom was right when she said that "a man is powerful on his knees."
I speak up to God about things I don't tell my mom or dad.
It might be something I've seen on the news, stuff I'm bothered about, what's happened throughout the day...

Now I feel overwhelmed. But in sad times like this, I'm glad I have Someone Who listens to everything I need to say about what I'm feeling.

Though it's very confusing at this time as to how the explosions happened, God has a plan...even if I have trouble trusting in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment