Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

The year of 2013 has begun! Just when I get used to writing 2012, 2013 happens! (to borrow from my brother. :) )
It snowed all day yesterday, so we got out the snowsuits and played for a while today. 

I must say, 2013 sneaked up on me! I didn't expect it one bit! To me, all I knew was it was coming. Now, it's here.

I wonder if  I should change my blog's design with the changing of the year. What do you readers think?

From my first post in 2010, I've changed this blog around a lot! At first, I didn't really care much about words. I liked telling stories with pictures. Then, after a while, I decided to write only about photography. Later, I switched to anything I felt like writing about (with parent's permission). I started Saturday's Selections for the purpose of a weekly showing of things I enjoy: music, quotes, etc.

So, I hear some people have a list of resolutions. A resolution is a strong decision to either do or not do certain things.
My resolutions? Hmm...
  1. Work hard in schoolwork.
  2. Sew two articles of clothing.
  3. Read the Bible daily and meditate on what I read.
  4. Grow into a girl who God wants me to be for Him.
  5. Jump off the high-dive in a pool (once I can find one!)
  6. Save more than $100 and donate it all to Salvation Army, Compassion Int., and Red Cross.
  7. Teach myself to play the guitar.
  8. Draw portraits of my family and friends.
  9. Ask God faithfully for wisdom, non-selfishness, and hope.
  10. Pray every day for someone.
  11. Memorize at least two songs in ASL (American Sign Language).
  12. Write a letter to God every month.
  13. Pray that God will use me as a witness for Him.
  14. Spend less time on the Internet and more time in the Word.
  15. Learn first-aid safety.
  16. Live.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” 2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV


Through the years, though we change, God never will.
"They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment, like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end."Psalm 102:25-27 ESV

"But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 Peter 3:8

"Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." James 4:12-14
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment