I wonder if I should change my blog's design with the changing of the year. What do you readers think?
From my first post in 2010, I've changed this blog around a lot! At first, I didn't really care much about words. I liked telling stories with pictures. Then, after a while, I decided to write only about photography. Later, I switched to anything I felt like writing about (with parent's permission). I started Saturday's Selections for the purpose of a weekly showing of things I enjoy: music, quotes, etc.
So, I hear some people have a list of resolutions. A resolution is a strong decision to either do or not do certain things.
My resolutions? Hmm...
- Work hard in schoolwork.
- Sew two articles of clothing.
- Read the Bible daily and meditate on what I read.
- Grow into a girl who God wants me to be for Him.
- Jump off the high-dive in a pool (once I can find one!)
- Save more than $100 and donate it all to Salvation Army, Compassion Int., and Red Cross.
- Teach myself to play the guitar.
- Draw portraits of my family and friends.
- Ask God faithfully for wisdom, non-selfishness, and hope.
- Pray every day for someone.
- Memorize at least two songs in ASL (American Sign Language).
- Write a letter to God every month.
- Pray that God will use me as a witness for Him.
- Spend less time on the Internet and more time in the Word.
- Learn first-aid safety.
Through the years, though we change, God never will.
"They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment, like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end."Psalm 102:25-27 ESV
"But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 Peter 3:8
"Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." James 4:12-14
HAPPY NEW YEAR!