Tuesday, June 17, 2014

B&W Blue Jay


My Grandma has a bird feeder in her front yard near the living room window.  There's a bar that holds it up.  A blue jay sat there, as if guarding the feeder from the pesky crows that bothered the sparrows drawing near.

I used a telephoto lens to get closer, then turned the color to black and white and added "spotlight" via PicMonkey.  The bird became softer without so much bright coloring, and I like it that way sometimes.  With less color,  more imagination comes from the picture one tries to paint.  More mystery.  More emotion.  It's just cool to use black and white anyway! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I popped over here from your mom's blog and I just have to say that you are very talented! Such lovely shots and great ideas! I'm currently doing a 365 project and you've given me plenty of inspiration! Keep up the great work! I love this shot of the blue jay! Although I could say that about pretty much all of your pictures! ...

    ReplyDelete