Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sunset Reflection


I'd just finished a late supper at a cafe with my family, and was just about to get back into the van headed for home.  My little brothers were throwing gravel into some huge puddles in the parking lot, causing rings to form where the rocks landed.  I got into the car, changed my standard lens to telephoto, then got back out and started shooting.

I found that if I got down on my knees, I could frame the sun in the water.  If I'd stood up, I wouldn't have been able to do that, thus creating an average photo that could have become very interesting with some experimenting.

With my telephoto, I had two advantages:  1) I could keep my distances from the boys splashing water, and 2)  sometimes my telephoto takes better photos than my standard lens, surprisingly.

Do you use reflections very often?  What do you use them for?

No comments:

Post a Comment