Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Joy To The World

I love those words.  Joy to the world.  It adds so much to (and not just) December, thinking about Jesus.


My Mom and I were watching the K-LOVE Music City Christmas videos on YouTube yesterday, and I enjoyed hearing Mandisa talk about her Christmas memory of when she was all by herself.  She said that she read the account of Jesus' birth, and for the whole day it was just her and God.  Just listening to her talk about that Christmas, I felt like I should do more than anticipate getting gifts.

But it seems like so many people celebrate Christmas just because of the gifts, the family togetherness, and fun.  It's like we're forgetting the most important part of Christmas.  Jesus, Who brought the most joy to the world that we're ever going to get.

To tell the truth, my Christmas Wish List was anything but small!  "A ukulele, Gabby Douglas' book, a new guitar, Mandisa's new album, a $15 itunes gift card..."

I love to give.  But I also like to get.  But this year, I think I know exactly what I can get for my Mom (I just can't state it at this moment because she subscribes to The Godly Photographer and she proofreads every post before I publish it. :) ).  It's not a material gift, not something I could go buy at Walmart.  But it's something she told me she wanted. Can you guess what it is?

This Christmas, I'm thinking about what I can do for others.  I want other people to know all about the Joy that came to this world 2,000 years ago.  And He is the best gift I can ever give and still keep for myself.

What will you do for someone special this Christmas?



2 comments:

  1. Okay, I can't guess what your special gift for your mom is. But now that Christmas is over, you'll tell us right? ;) That would be a mean trick to act so mysterious and then not tell us! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The special gift was a back rub ;) She loved it. I told her that I would stop only when she wanted me to, but after about ten minutes, she said, "As much as I don't want you to stop, I think I need to help out with some things."
      I hope you had a merry Christmas, Mimi!
      ~Nutmeg

      Delete